Thursday, January 18, 2007

TV Hell

I know it is a cliché to moan about TV, though I think I will do so here. Last night followed the usual pattern, as most workday nights tend to follow.

I usually come home from work and throw something into the oven that’s easy to cook and usually barely edible – as most of my cooking tends to be.

At no point in the night did I decide to put the TV on. This was mainly due to the paucity of anything worth watching to be fair.

Instead I spent the time listening to music, reading and going on the Internet. I seldom watch TV these days – unless there is something on specifically that I would like.

I wouldn’t miss it if I was to get rid of my TV, but that would mean I wouldn’t be able to watch my DVDs – a mainstay of my week.

This could turn into an anti-licence-fee rant but I feel that BBCi and the Radio are worthy of the licence-fee alone. One of the good things about my TV abstinence is that thankfully I have missed Nonentity Big Brother – though it is something that I would avoid anyway.

Apart from the usual washed-up has-beens and nonentities, this series has thrown up a fair bit of controversy over the racist bullying of the Indian Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty. Though I have not watched the programme – I have seen the alleged clips of racism on the news today. It is hard to describe the people in question as card carrying Nazis – I just think it may be the fact that are swimming in a shallow gene pool.

What do they expect? It is lowest common denominator TV, starring people from the lowest-of-the-low. Jade Goody is a vacuous, excuse for a human being anyway, but rolling out the rest of the family is a nadir, not just in the history of Big Brother, but TV. They are scum and pond life.

The rest are a f*cking waste of time and should be horsewhipped – not just for the racism but for the fact that they are a bunch of tossers. Rant over!!

No comments: