Sunday, July 18, 2010

Writing

I read a number of writing blogs and subscribe to Writers' News. So I'm well versed in the mantra that to be a writer you have to write every day. That it is a given, but the problem tends to be when it comes to describing yourself as a writer. As yet I have not been published for my creative works - despite numerous resolutions that I will start sending this work off, that still sits on a hard drive or when I’m feeling really proactive in a folder.

Most of the advice tends to be the obvious, but the one about writing everyday alas that has not been possible of late given my commitments in work and somehow I’m no further down the road to achieving my goals.

This year I didn't bother writing down my resolutions for the year - though somewhere at the back of my mind I have a number of unwritten goals that I would like to achieve.

If I had resolution it would have been to send out more of my writing, which I have not really done – though I did send out a final draft of play that I had written. This was rejected though I’m not despondent about this, as I know why it was not suitable. This will give me pointers for the next one that I write.
So the summer months, where I will hopefully get a long break from work. I hope to devote a bit of time to a number of writing projects as well as getting this blog sorted, as it has been somewhat neglected of late.

No comments: