Monday, December 11, 2006

Zuton Fever


That was just what the doctor ordered, after a weekend that can be best described as ordinary, last night rounded the weekend off nicely - watching Liverpool's finest The Zutons.

They were playing the third of a four night residency at Liverpool University, Academy, Mountford Hall or whatever it's called these days.

It's been a few years since i'd see them, but they have developed into a tight little band. From the opener of 'What Don't You Give Me Your Love' to the final 'Zuton Fever' they were on top form and their energy levels belied the busy year (and week)that they'd had.

It is amazing the songs that pass you by, but when you hear some live they take on a different perspective. 'Valerie' is one such song that passed me by this summer when I heard it on the radio - but tonight I grasped what it was all about. As did the numerous others surrounding me.

Here's to the next gig and album. On this form, I can't wait.

No comments: