Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunny Manchester!

This week sees the last session of the scriptwriting course that I have been attending since October. With only a few minor alterations to see to and I will have completed the assignment. Here's to sending it off and seeing where it gets me.

With this in mind, I have been looking for other similar creative writing courses. I had previously been recommended one by a friend in Manchester calledPaper Planes. Other things had always got in the way of attending and this week was looking to follow a similar pattern. I woke up Saturday morning after a fitful sleepless night I was contemplating not going. Given that it was a lovely springlike day thankfully I overcame this feeling and got in the car and drove to Manchester.

It was a enjoyable and productive experience, I have a few ideas that can be polished into something more substantial in time. It was also good to meet other writers, as well as catch with a couple of people I had met on a similar course last year. The group meets on the second Saturday of each month, in the Fuel Cafebar, Withington - a venue in the heart of the student district of Manchester. I think I might be making this a regular event in my diary.

No comments: